Friday, August 31, 2007

Allow me to introduce myself...

Hi! My name is Ashley and I am from College Park Georgia. I am a senior majoring in Health Science with a concentration in Pre-Professional Health Studies. My plans after graduation in May are to play for a couple months and then hopefully go to Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff to obtain my Doctorate of Physical Therapy. Those plans will probably change but that would be the ideal situation for my future.
Music is one of my favorite things. I have a pretty wide taste for it and so I am always listening to it, singing it, or playing it on guitar. Music really cleanses the soul and mind so I try to make time for nothing but listening every day. I love going to concerts because I think that is how you can truly figure out if you like a band or not. Studio albums do not always tell you everything you need to know.
My favorite color is yellow. My favorite book is Eat, Pray, Love. My favorite bands are way too many to count but most of them are either no longer a band due to death or break-ups. My favorite place to visit right now is Brevard, North Carolina. My least favorite place to visit is Las Vegas.
In High School I played volleyball and we were the State Champions for three years in a row. So that is not bad. I also sang in the chorus and the summer before my senior year, we all took a two week tour of Europe.
This summer I worked at a summer camp in the mountains of Northeast Georgia for my second time. I have been going to this camp since I was about 13 and have really grown up there. It is so neat to be able to see how the staff members saw the campers from their point of view. It has been a completely different experience between being a camper and then counselor and then on staff. I love being a "Camp Girl" and I usually carry over that sort of mentality throughout the year. I love doing things outside. I like to camp out, climb, mountain bike sometimes, and just hike around. I think everything outside is so pristine and beautiful. I love you wake up early enough to see the sunrises and then staying up to watch the sunsets.
I like being funny. It seems like kind of a waste of time to me to be serious all the time so I am usually not serious. The Office is one of my favorite TV shows and it is one of the only two that I watch. The other one is LOST although I may or may not be considered a nerd for following the insanity for so long.
As is apparent, I tend to speak in stream of consciousness a lot and so I confuse my friends sometimes. It is all good. Just about every other statement out of my mouth is "It's fine." I say this sometimes when things are not fine. It is somewhat of a character flaw but things usually "fine" themselves out sooner than later.
I'm really old fashioned in that I love to write letters. A lot of technology confuses me but I try my best. I figured this out sort of so that is a start.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Amen about the being funny thing! Life is too short not to spend as much time as possible laughing!

Ignore the previous comment from "Tara." People write these programs that go around and leave comments on people's blogs... sort of like telemarketing. I can show you how to fix it so that they can't, if you'd like.