Sunday, September 9, 2007

Web 2.0

Firstly, the YouTube video was way too fast for me to follow. I had no idea that there were other ways to create a webapge than HTML. All that aside, it was pretty cool.
I think that the Web 2.0 concept is a very interesting one. It reminds me of our first class discussion on whether technology has made communication more or less efficient. I think that communication is much quicker, but maybe not as efficient. There really is no substitute for a meeting in a conference room in my opinion. It think it is a more tangible way of bringing people together. It also shows who is truly commited to a business and its mission enough to really show up. It is a little comprabable to an online class. If students were given the choice to attend a class in person or in an online discussion board setting, many students would chose the online setting if their commitment to the class was low. Again, these are the opinions of one of the least technological person in America, but I still believe that face to face connections cannot be beat.

No comments: