Sunday, October 28, 2007

Interview Reflection

Unfortunatly, last week I forget to blog so i decided to make up for it this week. Instead of having a free write this week, I will reflect my experience with the mock interview. The only type of interview I have ever gone through was a group based interview for a summer camp staff member. This was definately not as intimidating as my interview two weeks ago. As I was putting on my black dress pants and looking at the lack of nice shoes I own, I realized that this is the first of many instances where I will definately feel out of my element. After sitting my Angie for only a very moments, I was already comfortable with the new setting. Like a lot of people, I do not have too much of a problem talking about myself. I think it is fun to share stories with other people. One thing that really helped was to imagine that the interviewer was not a superior, but a friend that I had not spoken with in a while. After the interview, Angie gave me some great tips for when I have to do this "for real." She said that I should always come up with atleast one question to ask the interviewer just to re-emphasize how interested I am and how much research i have already done on the graduate school or job site. Another thing she told me was to know going into it that I will probably lose my train of thought and that the best way to deal with it is to take a breath, and start over. Overall, I think that the mock interviews were very helpful. I actually have an appointment to complete another one tomorrow and I feel a little more at ease going into the process this time.

No comments: