Sunday, November 18, 2007

Jobs for Personalities

I definately agree that you can teach a person how to do a job, but you cannot teach a person how to be nice and have a welcoming personality. I really do pride myself on the fact that I am pretty easy to get along with and the fact that I am a quick learner. I think that these two characteristics of mine would get me along pretty far in the work world. I liked the example about the playground company who did not ask people to come back for a follow up interview if they did not sit on the swings or at the bottom of the slide. I love articles like this because it lets everyone know that you are not guarenteed a job if you are only nice in front of your boss. Being nice can really get you far and I think that this article really exemplified that fact. It makes a lot fo since that a person looking to hire someone would want to hire someone who was nice.

No comments: